The requirements on this page are specific to single-point adjustable scaffolds only. A single-point adjustable scaffold consists of a platform suspended. The most common among these is the scaffold used by window washers to clean the outside of a skyscraper. One rope from an overhead support and equipped with means to permit the movement of the platform to desired work levels.
General Requirements of Suspended Scaffolds Single-point Adjustable:
- The supporting rope between the scaffold.
- The scaffold is positioned so swinging cannot bring it into contact with other surfaces.
- The rigging has been designed by a qualified person.
- The support rope is protected from rubbing during direction changes.
- The scaffold is accessible to rescuers.
- When combining two single-point scaffolds to form a two-point suspension system.