The requirements on this page are specific to float scaffolds only. For requirements that apply to all types of suspended scaffolds. A ship scaffold is a suspension scaffold consisting of a braced platform resting on two parallel bearers. Hung from overhead supports by ropes of fixed length.
Follwing are the gernal requriments of ship scaffold:
- Pass under the platform and be hitched again at the other end.
- Rope connections must not allow the platform to shift or slip.
- When only two ropes are used with each float.
- Platforms must be supported by and securely fastened.
- Leave enough rope for supporting ties.
- Be hitched to one end of the bearer.
- Each employee on a float scaffold must be protected by a personal fall-arrest system.